Monday, June 13, 2011

Lemon Cream Tart aka Heart Disease

Oh, how I've missed chronicling my kitchen adventures.

Check this link out, because it's how I feel:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/19/parks-and-recreation-clip-were-back

We're back!

I've been craving lemon cream tart, even though I've never had it. It just sounds like it's something that belongs in my belly (i.e belongs in my arteries? There are over 2 1/2 sticks of butter in this 9-inch tart recipe! Not including the shell! If you include the shell, then there are over 3 1/2 sticks of butter in this recipe! Sick! Delicious! My mind says "No!" but my stomach says, "Hells yeah!")

This is Dorie Greenspan's recipe and I only did it because Abi Lessing encouraged me and made me feel like I could do anything when I talked to her today. She has that power over people. Adam and I know you are having fun in St. Louis, but we also miss you and wish we felt empowered all the time.


It was good, but I will never make this tart ever again. Mostly, because I had a major level 6 meltdown in the kitchen while tempering the custard and yelled at my husband. Also, because I think I was really craving coconut cream pie, which is what I am always craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment