Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sibling Spinach & No-Choke Artichoke Dip


Welcome to the "Saturday evening post". Here you will read about recipes I've received from family and very close friends - recipes for food that I tasted, loved, and have truly enjoyed. This is not a blog for mediocre recipes, my friends. My posts will be flavored with a heaping spoonful of heritage that stems from loving relationships and, well, the kitchen, of course :)

What could be more appropriate than starting off my first post with an appetizer?

That being said, tonight's dish is creamy spinach artichoke dip with toasted almonds - made with my step-sister, Brandy. I first tasted this dip two Christmases ago when Brandy made the appetizer for our family. One taste and I had to have the recipe - I mean it.
Brandy originally received this recipe from her mom who served it to her guests when she owned a bed and breakfast in Texas.

Ingredients:
8 oz. bag grated mozzarella cheese
8 oz. bag grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonaise
1 can lg. artichokes (chopped)
1 pkg. frozen spinach (thawed, rinsed, and chopped)
salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic (to taste)
1 small pkg. sliced almonds

Directions:
Combine the cheeses and mayo in a medium-large bowl, reserving 1/4 cup parmesan. Stir in prepped spinach and artichokes. Season mixture with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and a pinch of garlic. Spread mixture in baking dish.


Sprinkle remaining parmesan evenly over the top,


then layer the almonds. Bake at 425 for 30 min or until the almonds are a toasty brown color.


Enjoy!

Compliments of my family :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm sooo glad I got to taste this! Can't wait to make it on my own.

    ReplyDelete