Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Scratch



Hello fellow blog readers and friends. This will be my first time to post pretty much anything online. (other than facebook)

I have been desiring to learn to make things from scratch lately. Like stocks, pasta, sauces and so on. Before I post it I want to give a little history of myself and my love for cooking. I spent most of my childhood watching my dad cook. He was a chef for trade and for fun. He did all the cooking at home and spent many hours at work making all kinds of treats for people. Some of my favorite memories are of me sitting in my fathers current kitchen watching him make all his many pastries. I always loved the sound of kitchens and somehow it was comforting. Another memory from grade school, that is quite special to me, is my dad always woke up in the wee hours and would make Pan au Chocolat for my brother and I. SOOOOO exciting!! Walking to the buss stop and all my friends asking "what the heck is that?"

My father passed several years ago. Cooking has been comforting to me and like I am hanging out with my dad. So hopefully I can share my love for cooking as well as my love for my dad with you all. He taught me many things, but mostly he taught me to love cooking. I hope you enjoy this because all of us really enjoy sharing with you.


2 comments:

  1. I like your pictures and I think they are great. I also think you are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey,
    you are awesome! Dad would be so proud of you! IS so proud. . .
    I am, too.
    Your writing is wonderful! you could do this for a LIVING!!
    I love you & look forward to more of this blog.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete