Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soup for an army

Good evening everyone! I wasn't sure that I was going to blog today since I blogged yesterday, but I went ahead and did. I made some delicious soup today so I wanted to share it with you all. I wanted to make this soup Because the storm is a commin! We have to prepare. So I prepared today by making a huge pot of soup!


Above are pictures of the ingredients. This soup starts out by browning italian sausage. After you brown, drain and return to pot. Next you chop 1 onion and throw that into the pot along with 2 cloves garlic. Brown both of those. Next you throw in 2 cans chopped toms ( you can use fresh if you like), 3 cans beef broth, 1 1/4 cup red wine. Bring all of this to simmer and simmer for 20 minutes. After its been simmering throw in 2 small zucchini chopped into bite sized pieces and 2 cups green pepper as well as 1/2 teaspoon of basil and oregano. Simmer another 20 minutes and garnish with fresh grated parmesan.



Finished product is delightful. I made this in about an hour. The hardest part is chopping and shopping. So it is definitely feasible for an evening. This recipe makes a large pot so its good for a group night or community night. I love cooking and sharing. I got the recipe from some dear friends that were so sweet to share it with me. Long live the Deifs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment