Wednesday, February 10, 2010

simply sweet


Greetings friends!
It's Anna again! I played with my kitchen aid mixer this week. I made cookies of the chocolate variety. DELISH! I realize as I continue to cook/bake that I do not have many of the normal things that belong in a kitchen. ie..cookie sheet. So in these pictures you will notice that I use a roasting pan as a cookie sheet. Just has to be flat, right? Below is a sweet action shot of me and my mixer! notice my excited face.





another action shot! I couldn't stop. I bake in a tiny kitchen and my mixer is on the floor because that is where the plug is. One day I will be more sophisticated. For now it's floor mixing time! (haha I spelled the word mixing as "mixen" first cause thats how I say it) You're lucky I edit.
Here is a sweet shot of the baking. No worries I DON'T bake with the oven door open. That is just for the photo op, and to show you my creative baking methods. It does work people, just be creative.





I made these delish cookies because of the souper bowl. I'm not sure that is spelled right but I am going to spell it that way and I had some dough left over. I am making them to give to my friend Jaime. I decided to make chocolate cookies, well because they are yummy, but also that is what I had in my pantry. COCOA! WHOO HOO!



Makes about 3 dozen

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/2 pound good-quality milk chocolate, 4 ounces coarsely chopped and 4 ounces cut into 1/4-inch chunks
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Melt 4 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; let cool slightly.
  2. Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
  3. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 15 minutes (cookies should be soft). Let cool on parchment on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

By the way makes about 3 dozen, whatever I never really believe that. I doubled the recipe and did not get 3 doz. out of it. But at the same time I don't really want 3 doz. cookies. hope you enjoy these, they are soooooo good. A really rich chocolate taste.

2 comments:

  1. ooooo sorry for the gray lettering on the recipe. Next time I will preview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat! Yummy, these look good! Nice pictures, too. . .I'm glad you're enjoying using the mixer! very clever way to make a cookie sheet. I like.
    mama

    ReplyDelete