Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surprise Surprise!!!

Something happened to me today that was awesome!! I was just hanging out at my apt. before I went to work yesterday. It has been nice here for the past couple of days, so naturally I was outside. I decided to look in my trunk to see what all was in there. As I was digging I felt a book with my hand and as I pulled it out I realized that I found gold. I had in my hands my fathers copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking!!" Oh I was overjoyed!!!

sooo good!!! Below is a closeup shot. Just in case
you didn't catch it above.



Of cource I had to flip through the pages to find the "one and only" recipe. Can we all guess what that is????? You guessed it!! Boeuf Bourguignon!!!! Holla! I wonder if you can make it in a crock pot? Sometimes I feel like crock pots take the talent out of cooking. To each his own.




I looked inside to see what what other treasures I would find and I came across an old cake request from when my Dad worked at the Waterford Hotel. He worked there as a pastry chef and would do people's wedding cakes all the time. This couple whoever they were wanted this particular cake below. Kinda pretty.










Thanks for going down memory lane with me. I also found volume two in my car. Who knows I may have the whole set!!We should all get together and make something sometime soon. But for now, Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment